We’re growing our team! OpenDRI currently works on projects in over 50 countries around the globe and is seeing increasing demand from our partners for assistance in applying the tools and tactics of the open data and civic technology movements towards the challenges of building resilience to climate change and natural disasters.
We’re looking for someone to help manage our growing portfolio of projects, engage with our partners to develop new lines of work, and help us strategize how we continue to develop the scale and impact of OpenDRI activities.
Your responsibilities would include:
● Building relationships across the World Bank Group and other development institutions that lead to strong partnerships and new projects;
● Public communications, including speaking, writing, and social media to extend OpenDRI’s vision and reach;
● Assistance with the day to day management of a growing team and set of projects;
● Identifying new tactics, innovations, and relationships that can help OpenDRI continue to improve its toolset, offerings, and approach.
We are looking for someone who:
● Is passionate about the role that technology and information can play in supporting disaster risk management in developing countries;
● Can effectively communicate complicated ideas to a range of audiences;
● Has a demonstrated track-record of managing and administering projects;
● Is a team player with strong interpersonal skills;
● Has a strong background in relevant areas such as international development, disaster risk, open data and open source, environmental management, or planning;
● Will be dedicated to supporting and building our team while making real contributions to the global communities of practice in which we participate.
This would be a full-time position from September 2017 through May 2018 with possibility for extension. Please see the attached terms of reference for a full description.
To apply, send your cover letter, CV, and any online resources that you wish to be considered to Vivien Deparday (email@example.com) on or before July 1st, 2017 and please address the specific reasons why you are excited to work with OpenDRI and the GFDRR Innovation Lab in your materials.